This week we decided to try to go to all three church meetings again. Julia did so well last week and lasted until about relief society. Considering the fact that church is right during her naptime, I thought that was pretty good. This week however I had an incident that makes it harder for me to want to take her back. Here is what happened....
I entered the Mother's Room to find it was packed. Both rocking chairs were taken and the changing table was being used. The room smelled awful of dirty diapers and it seemed to me that there was a relief society meeting of it's own going on in there.
I stood in the corner waiting to use the changing table when the boy getting his diaper changed starts coughing. Now I don't mean just a tickle in his throat, I mean a hacking, congested cough. "Man, that doesn't sound too good!" I said to his Mom. She says with a smile, "Oh I know, he is just sooo sick! He has had this terrible cough for a week now and last night he was throwing up!" A mom sitting in the rocking chair says, "Oh my little girl has it too!" I glanced over to see her toddler sucking on the arm of the chair. With my eyes the size of basketballs I covered Julia's head with a blanket and slipped out the door. I think I made it pretty obvious but at that point I didn’t care! Were they serious? Did they think saying it with a smile made me feel better? I was shocked!
So the reason for this post is to beg all you mothers out there to PLEASE, for the sake of other children don’t take your sick kids to church! It's not fair, and it is so frustrating! Needless to say I think I will be headed to the car to feed or change Julia from now on! I am such a germaphobe, I can't imagine what it will be like taking her to nursery! Just the thought of it makes me want to get out my hand sanitizer.
11 comments:
i know...i totally CAN NOT believe people still take their sick children to church...and drop them off to the nursery. my sister in-laws ward had to post a note in the nursery telling parents not to bring their children to nursery if they were sick AT ALL! ...you'd think people would already know.
You are to funny, but I am the same way. We still have not been to church because I do not want my little one smothered by everyone with who knows what! Your little girl is the cutest thing. I love all your pictures. Isn't it fun to be a mommy?!
Dido! Whats wrong with these people... I always wonder if they even think about all the other little ones that could possibly catch it.
Nothing.......NOTHING irritates me more than mothers like that. HOnestly, yes, kids have germs, you can never be too careful. But SICK GERMS are different. NOthing makes me more mad not just cause the sick kids are spreading sick germs, but because clearly parents are NOT TAKING CARE OF THIER SICK CHILDREN BY KEEPING THEM HOME AND HELPING THEM GET BETTER!! What the freak! They must think they will go to outer darkness if they miss a day of church! I carry sanitizer in my bag, you'll use like 3 bottles in one week as Julia grows up. About the post....Some mothers shouldnt be moms!
Hey- i found your blog through Lacey's so i though i would take a look- hope ya don't mind- but your little girl is so cute! It's amazing how quickly they grow! well i just wanted to tell you congrats and have fun being a mommy!! kella
Holy cow, your a mommy!!! She is so dang cute,I bet she is alot of fun. I'm so glad that I came across your blog. It looks like life is going so good for you guys. You look so good for just having a baby. Well I have to run to work but I just wanted to say HI. Let get together sometime. Take care and chat with you later
Ashlyn
Ash- you make me laugh!! I am positive I will be the same way however when my day comes.
I have to tell you a funny story about sucking on things though... when I was on my mission, my comp and I were on the metro (you know how disgustingly dirty they are) and there was a little girl with the snottiest nose sucking on the bar that people hold onto in the middle when you can't find a seat. I honestly about died right there!!
That is what I thought of when you said the kid was sucking on the arm of the chair, I am sure it wasn't as dirty as the metro but just as equally nasty. Where are their parents.. oh just sitting right next to them! HELLO!!!
hey ash sorry Im just getting this to you my e-mail is gordonjosee@hotmail.com
Oh that's the worst! I hate the mother's lounge because there does seem to always be a separate Relief Society going on in there!
I agree completely! That's why we haven't been to church, yet. We had 18 kids in nursery with RSV! Crazy! When my dr heard, he recommended waiting until after March to take her to church (through most of RSV season).
I want to take a big sign that says, "Keep your paws off my baby and please don't breathe around her either."
people in our ward probably think we are inactive because we DO NOT take ty to nursery. it drives me crazy, but every time we took him this winter, he got sick! i promise. i don't care anymore. when people ask where ty and steve are, i tell them that i don't want ty to get sick and they are at home!
that's the hard part about church. just wait until she gets on a secure sleeping schedule and church is right in the middle of it!
Post a Comment