Travis has been gone for a week. He is in Philadelphia for work and we are missing him like crazy. This is the longest he has been away and it has been rough. I decided to spend the week at my mom and dad's because even though they are both at work all day, they were good company in the evenings and more importantly I wouldn't have to be alone at night.
We had a nice relaxing week together and had a fun weekend planned. My mom and I were going shopping to get me some much needed post pregnancy clothes (I have been putting it off thinking "oh, let me lose a few more pounds and then go." Silly me, those few more pounds aren't going to come off until I stop eating junk and start working out!) Saturday morning arrives and before I can even open my eyes, I run to the bathroom. Yes, the terrible, dreaded, stomach flu. I swear there is not much worse in this world. I literally spent the next 24 hours sleeping on the bathroom floor. The flu is also a nightmare for a nursing mom who is told to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Thank goodness for my mom who was there to take care of Julia. I don't know what I would have done! I couldn't even lift her up I was so sick. Nothing cures the flu like a mom to take care of you. I was sad I ruined the weekend but so greatful I was there to get the help Julia and I needed.
On Sunday morning I was feeling a little better but still not 100%, when I noticed Julia acting a little fussy. I got out the thermometer and the poor thing had a fever. I was so sad I cried. I was still feeling sick and now I had given it to my poor baby who I have basically made live in a bubble the first two months of her life. My mom kept saying "Okay, now think if you had a toddler to take care of too. Or, what if you were Kate (from John and Kate plus 8, the family that has twins and sextuplets) Classic mom, I know I could have it a lot worse but just let me wallow in my sorrows for a moment!
After giving Julia some Tylenol, she started to do a little better but still wasn't her smily self. I decided to get her home to her bed. Today she is still running a small fever and has just had a rough day. All I could think about was Travis half way across the country and how much I miss him. I need him here for love and moral support. I am so excited to pick him up from the airport I can hardly stand it. All I have to say is, I don't know how single mothers do it. I think they should have their own holiday apart from Mother's Day. It should be Single Mother's Day.
So now here I sit with still a bit of a queazy stomach, getting my blog on and prolonging crawling into my empty bed. Only 12 hours until my sweetheart is back! Codependent? maybe!
5 comments:
Ash! Oh my goodness! NIck and I passed the flu back and forth to eachother like 3 weeks ago. It was HORRIBLE!! Im so sorry! Being sick is yes, the worst thing in the WORLD!! I wondered where you were at the shoe party, I missed you and baby Julia! I hope you both get better soon. Nothing is worst than being sick, let a lone wihtout a hubby to cry to! Oh!!!! If you neeed anything, SEIROUSLY call me, i'll come help you! Im serious! Take it easy and lets get together soon when you feel better, I'll come see you and we'll take the babies for a walk! Oh and the Jon and Kate plus 8 thing.... dang cute family, but hey you wont see me pullin that miricle off. Get better soon! Love you guys!
So not fun!! Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. We missed you last night... but no worries, we just hope you get feeling better soon!
a letter here for you :) ?
Ash I am so sorry that is horrible. I hate getting sick and I even hate it more when stella is sick. well good thing travis is home now. Hope you guys get feeling better.
Oh, that is horrible. I am so sorry. Yeah, I TiVo John & Kate... whenever I think I had a rough day I remind myself that it could be worse!
I hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment