Friday, September 17, 2010

Road Trip!

Photobucket

We decided to head out on a little road trip through the South. It was something we have been wanting to do for a while. Our plan was to take our time and end up on the beach in Florida. The drive was beautiful. It was everything I imagined when I thought of driving through the deep south. We even took a couple detours to drive through neighborhoods with the big plantation style houses, small town restaurants with southern style favorites, and a lot of culture and history. I loved everything about it!

Our first stop on the trip was New Orleans. What an amazing city! It's unlike anywhere I have ever been. We stayed right in the French Quarter and spent a couple days exploring the city. Julia especially loved it because of the horse and buggy rides, the jazz music she could dance to, and of course the beignets! Can I just say the food in New Orleans was simply amazing. While we were there, it was the 5 year Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. It was great to see the city so alive and thriving after such a tragedy. Here are a few pictures from our adventure in the Big Easy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Stay tuned for part 2 of our road trip!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

i am so glad you guys had such a fun trip! i just love all of these pictures! what fun memories!

Wendi said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun. I'm really jealous. Someday I would love to take a road trip through the South.

Cristi Benedict said...

Ashley you are looking so cute! You're trip looked awesome. I would love to go to the deep south one day! But maybe in the spring when it's not so hot!

Kandas said...

How fun!! Riley and I are always saying that we want to just take off and go on a roadtrip to somewhere...

It may be hard with a new born now...but speaking of kids, why does Julia look so big??