Wednesday, October 20, 2010

99 Balloons


I first want to say thank you to all of your loving comments, emails, texts and phone calls. We are amazed and overwhelmed by the love that surrounds us. Each message brings me to tears and gives me strength. Travis found this video and it has brought us an incredible amount of hope and comfort. Like Eliot's parents, we are praying for a miracle.

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Ashley I am so sorry to hear about what you guys are going through. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be. Just know you guys are in our prayers, and we love you guys. Thanks for sharing that movie. Every day truly is a blessing.

The Goforth's said...

Very Beautiful story !sad but yet very comforting. Love you guys

Erin and Cory said...

This video really touched me. I dont know what to say to you guys except i am so sorry about what you are going through. what a beautiful story that was. Its such a comfort to know that you will see your baby again if not in this life than the next. god bless your beautiful family.

Jamie said...

what a beautiful miracle. we are praying for one for your baby. i honestly don't think i've ever prayed this hard in my life ash. we love you all!

Bren and Jen said...

Ashley, miracles happen everyday. I am praying for you to happen for you guys. Love you very much. You are a strong girl and will make it through this.

Ashley Wilson said...

Wow! A-ma-zing!!! That video brought tears to my eyes as did your "big sister" post. You 2 are so incredibly brave and admirable for what you are about to take on. I try to put myself in your position and don't know if I could make the same choices you have made. I really look up to you and want you to know you will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. This lil guy/girl is extremely blessed to be part of such an amazing family. I love the ultrasound pic too, what an adorable little profile :)

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

K I am bawling right now and if you know me I usually don't cry. We're praying for your miracle!

Matt and Tiff said...

Wow!! What a beautiful, special little baby, just like your baby is. I remember you telling us a story about when you were up reading My Sister's Keeper(???) and Travis came out to find you crying on the couch... Well Matt is asleep in bed, but it is 1:50 in the morning and I was watching that, crying my eyes out and I know that if he came in, he would wonder waht the crazy crying girl on the computer was doing, sitting there and crying:) I loved that movie! You are amazing and I want you to know that there is not a time that goes by that I say a prayer (even food prayers) that your family is not in it! I love you Ash! I love your picture of your baby, it's beautiful. I think I might fly to Texas just to hug you!

Wendi said...

Ash, You are amazing. I am truly in awe over your strength during such a trying time. I feel so lucky to call you my best friend. Julia and this precious new baby are so blessed to have you and Travis as parents. Please know that I have been thinking of you non-stop for the last week and a half and just wish it were possible for me to hop on a plane and head to Texas. We love and are praying for you and your family.

Love, Wendi

jina carter said...

Ashley: I don't know if you remember me from high school but I just came across you blog through some friends and have read about your news. I am so sorry! I just wanted to give you a website that is called i-am-pregnant.com it has SO much information on it. If you go to the forum, it has a whole section of syndromes, diseases, disabilities, genetic disorders and such that moms who have gone through these can get together. ask questions and talk to each other about. Trisomy 18 is on there and I just thought it might be something you would like to look into. Anyway, I hope you do get a miracle.
Jina

Nicole said...

Wow Ash, that was a tear jerker. You are in my prayers woman. This sweet baby will be an amazing miracle for your family and there are so many people around you who love you Ash!!!

Kandas said...

Love you Ash. Riley and I are thinking about you and your family is in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm in tears...I pray you guys will have strength, Peace and Comfort. We love you guys :)

Whitnee said...

I can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through right now, but as a mother myself, my heart is breaking right now. You are amazing. Truly amazing. Know that we are praying for you! I'm with Tiff and Wendi, I wish I could fly to Texas and give you a hug.

Clay.Chayla & Lizzie said...

Dear Ashley and Travis, I just wanted to let you know how much I admire you both. My baby was born about 2 months ago with trisomy 21 (down syndrome). I still cry sometimes. Spending all that time in primary children's hospital, getting up every 3 hours to put food in a feeding tube and waiting for heart surgery.. It has been a trial and such a huge blessing at the same time! (crazy, I know) I just have to tell you that, despite all the tears, I would never have it any other way. You guys will feel more and more each day how much your Heavenly Father loves and trusts you. You will be amazed at how much you'll learn from this baby and I know that you will feel how incredibly strong and valiant their little spirits really are. I want you guys to know that we are praying for you and your sweet little angel baby. With Love ~ Chayla, Clay & Lizzie Jane

Jace and Ash said...

Ash- I just read about your news,and watched that video. You are such a great example to me and I admire your strength. You and your family are in my prayers. love ya girl : )

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

That was a very inspiring movie...for any parent. I'm glad you're posting about your sweet little baby...I can already tell that your amazing strength is affecting so many around you. Thanks for your example to me and so many others Ashey! I sure do love you guys...Keizya prays each night for Ashey and her baby...as do we :) Remember that we're never a phone call away and if I had go go gadget arms I would send them straight to Texas and wrap them around you all! You are amazing and know that Heavenly Father has great things in store for you. Life is interesting in that sometimes our greatest sorrows are our greatest moments in life :) Love you so much! Nikki, Jeff, Keizya and Reila