It is comforting to know that I am never alone in this process. Although each path up the mountain is different, there are other parents that have come before us and they have indeed made it to the top. Both Travis and I hope to keep writing about our healing in hopes that it may help someone else. We have found great comfort and support in other parents who have lost a child and hopefully we can give that same comfort and support to someone else.
More than anything though, I know I am never alone because the Lord is always by my side. Not only is he always there but he actually carries us through our "toughest jobs"
Here is one of my favorite songs by Hilary Weeks.
He'll Carry You
He knows your heart
He knows your pain
He knows the strength it took just too simply breathe today
He sees the tears that you cry
He knows your soul is aching to know why
He hears your prayers each humble word
When you said you couldn’t face another day he understood
He knows the path that you will find
Though you felt alone he’s never left your side
He knew there’d be moments when no earthly words
Could take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do
He will lift your heavy load and carry you
He’ll bring you peace and leave you hope
And in the darkest night he’ll comfort you
Until you know the sun will rise and each new day
You will have the strength to live again
He hears you when you’re crying in the night
He hears you when your soul longs to find
Till the morning will come
And the light of the dawn reassures
That in the moments when no earthly words
can take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do
He will lift your heavy load and carry you
He knows your pain
He knows the strength it took just too simply breathe today
He sees the tears that you cry
He knows your soul is aching to know why
He hears your prayers each humble word
When you said you couldn’t face another day he understood
He knows the path that you will find
Though you felt alone he’s never left your side
He knew there’d be moments when no earthly words
Could take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do
He will lift your heavy load and carry you
He’ll bring you peace and leave you hope
And in the darkest night he’ll comfort you
Until you know the sun will rise and each new day
You will have the strength to live again
He hears you when you’re crying in the night
He hears you when your soul longs to find
Till the morning will come
And the light of the dawn reassures
That in the moments when no earthly words
can take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do
He will lift your heavy load and carry you

4 comments:
Its 8:15am and the moment i saw this post and picture I wept for your family. What a beautiful post. IN so many ways I cant relate, but in so many ways i can realate...... My heart feels your pain. In RS a few weeks ago we were taught a lesson on mourning with those who mourn. I hope i can help carry your burden in some way. Our family has been praying for your family and your hurting loss. We love you. Families can be together forever, what a whole new song when you have someone on the other side of the veil. I love you guys. I dont think its ever suppose to get easier because we love those who pass so much, but I will say that with the Lords Help, things do fall into place, even if it doesnt feel like its getting easier. It takes time. Time heals all things. Love you lots..... I realy realy do. What a beautiful family you have--this picture is immaculate.
It was so nice to see you. I have the utmost respect for you and Travis and what you are going through. We love you both.
Dear Millers,
I don't know if you remember but I am Aly Dart's friend from NC. I had a beautiful baby girl 14 months ago. Sydney Grace was with us for 20 amazing days before she passed on. It was a great comfort to me knowing that she knew our family's love. She passed away feeling my love for her as she took her last breaths in my arms. I know this is an extremely hard time for you. I know though that baby Isaac felt that same love from you as you held him.
I want you to know that the pain does become manageable. It will never go away, but it does get a little easier. It has been over a year since I last held my baby, but we have managed to accept this "new normal". I am currently 32 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy. He is not meant to replace Sydney Grace. She will always be included in this family.
I am not sure what to say to bring comfort to you right now. Just know that I will be praying for you as you try to come to your "new normal."
God bless, Lindsey Fodrie
I just listened to that song on youtube and now as I try to type through tears I can only imagine how the grief over sweet Isaac truly is the toughest job that any parent can experience. That song made me feel hope and peace.
Post a Comment