Monday, February 25, 2008

Thunder Storm!

Well I spoke too soon, the storm arrived! It arrived on picture day of all days. Yep today Julia had her first photo shoot. We had an appointment with Sarah Ward who does an amazing job and right when we arrived Julia was wide awake and not even thinking about sleeping for the pictures. I knew today just wasn't her day the moment she opened her eyes this morning but what was I to do? I thought maybe by our appointment she would shape up.

I had blankets, hats, braclets, bows and big plans for these pictures. In a total of about four and a half hours we got about 15 minutes of sleep from her. The rest of the time she spent screaming!!! Sarah assured me that we got some good shots but we didn't get any of my favorite poses. By the time we left, Travis and I were dripping with sweat (from the heater trying to keep her warm) and were covered in pee and poop! We looked like we had been drug through a mud puddle. It was such a disaster and I am so disapointed! Of course the second we walked out the door she was sound asleep and has been sleeping ever since. Needless to say I don't think she has any interest in modeling :)

7 comments:

Tyler said...

Oh, no... so sad! I bet they turned out, though. I know it would be expensive, but maybe you could think about a 2nd photo shoot?

I'm glad you got peed and pooped on, too! Ha ha ha.

I can't wait to see the pics. Seriously, if you can afford it think about a 2nd one so you don't feel disappointed.

Olivia's blessing photo session was the same way. It was during her nap time (what was I thinking?) and she only smiled a handful of times and cried the rest. I had to stuff her binki in her mouth just to keep going. So, her binki is in 1/2 the photos and she is crying in the others. UGH.

Maybe someday I'll be able to laugh.

Jourdyn Thomas said...

Hi! Ash I stumbled across your blog through Brit's and can't believe what a beautiful babe you have. Congrats! I haven't seen you forever but you'll have to check out my website and maybe give the photo shoot another go. :) www.inthemomentphotodesign.com

J and Stac said...

Oh man that is super funny! I am sure you got some really cute ones, she is so stinkin adorable! I am so happy for your guys! I can't wait to see the pics!

Kristen said...

Ash- I saw Julia on Sarah's blog and the pictures are SOO Cute. I wouldn't worry about a thing. She is so precious.

Kandas said...

Ash- I found your blog through someone else's... Julia is sooo CUTE!! Congrats!! I am so excited for you. She is adorable.

Kandas said...

PS... I have to ask, when were you in Paris??? I am so jealous!! I am going back in June and can not wait.

Clint & Hailey said...

Ash,
I'm so glad you found our blog...I love to keep in touch with everyone and it's such an easy way! Your little julia is so precious Congrats!!