Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gross

Yesterday, I was at the mall trying to exchange Julia's 4th of July dress (who knew at 4 1/2 months she would still need a newborn size). I was looking around the store when a cute little boy who looked to be about 4 or 5, walked over and peeked into Julia's stroller. He seemed really interested in her so I stopped the stroller and asked him if he liked babies. He smiled really big at her, tilted his head back and like a grown man, spit right onto Julia's face! Yep, you read it right....SPIT! Guess the answer was no!

I am not sure who was more shocked, me or Julia. I literally froze in my footsteps. Did this little guy really just spit on my little girl's face? I was speechless and believe me, for a self-proclaimed germaphobe, there is not much worse than spit. Just as I was panicking and trying to find something to wipe it off with, the boy's mom finally came looking for her wondering child. I very nicely told her that her son had just spit on my baby's face. She slowly took her child's hand, smiled and simply said, "sorry."

Sorry? Now, it's not like I was asking the women to spank her child (I am totally anti-spanking) but come on, make him apologize? Wipe it off for me? Nope, just a smile. Why do these things happen to me?

13 comments:

Meagan said...

WHAT? That is disgusting. I can't believe that all she said was, "Sorry"... lame! Maybe she was so embarrassed she didn't know what else to say?? I'm trying to think of why you would leave it at, "Sorry."

That is horrible... gross... and YUCK-O!

Lindsay said...

Seriously are you kidding me?! First of all that is completely disgusting and second what the heck was the mom thinking?! If my child did something like that I would obviously make them say they were sorry and apologize numerous times to the other person. It's just too bad it had to happen to little Julia though.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!! i bet you almost had a HEART ATTACK. i know i would.
...and about that mom...no wonder why kids behave the way they do...teach your kids some manners!

Nick and Amera said...

Shut the freak up! What the!!!!! Oh ok, I know your against spanking, but if McCoy did that to a little girl, I would have BEAT THE FREAK OUT OF HIM! I would have been so embarrassed AND MAD I know I would have unleashed right there!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to that mother, being the Worlds worst peice of garbage anyone has ever heard of!!! Im so mad right now Ash!! YOu should have given her......well, ok, so maybe not, but I know I would have! Ok, thats the worst thing I have ever heard, Im so mad. Im so sorry LIttle julia had to put up with that bull crap. PEOPLE DONT TEACH THIER CHILDREN very well anymore, its such a shame! So sorry!!! You better be glad I wasnt there, I would have made the situation pretty ugly!!

Nick and Amera said...

Ashley this is nick. Amera is a very passionate person, and not a child beater! just to let you know, anyway, that is the worst thing I've heard! If McCoy would have done that and I was there!! I would have held him upside down the whole way out of the mall, and not even buckled him in the carseat, sped home, and placed him in the closet for good keeping, but that's just me, so please don't judge Amera, she always means well..

The Tews said...

Okay, that kid needs some serious talking to because spitting on a sweet precious baby girl is not okay in my book! And a wussy "sorry" from mom shows she needs to attend some parenting classes.
I am working on gettting a law passed that requires people to have a license before they have children--then they have to get that license renewed every year...just like your car registration. Hang in there Julia!

Cristi Benedict said...

You should have run over the kid with your stroller and then simply told his mom, "Sorry." :)

What a little brat!!!

Kandas said...

You have got to be kidding me?? I can't believe that! I am not even sure what I would have done if I was you, but I can imagine what I would have done if I was the boys mom....

Josee said...

That is so sick I don't know what I would have done Im sure you were shocked! I was at the mall with mindee and a little boy came up looking at cael In the stroller and then all of the sudden reached in and clawed caels face and eye so bad. Mindee was so mad! where are the moms at is what Im wondering. Julia is so cute she is growing up fast I want to see her again soon lets get together!

Audy & Ash said...

Ash you should have huacked one right on the D- bags face...Some people are just extra special...Too bad travis wasnt there to throw down
we love ya guys

Cody and Nikell said...

Whaaaat? I can't believe that! I don't even want to think about it. Poor little Julia! The spit on the face made me immediately think about the booger on the hand incident. Remember? YIKES!

Whitney said...

You have to be freaking kidding me! You are way to nice of a person I would have gone off on the mom and the little boy. I seriously cant believe that happened to you. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

OH my word Ashey! I would've done some on the spot disciplining myself!!! Holy cow, I would've flipped out! You are way too nice! I would've had that boy in the corner before his mom even got there! What a naughty little boy! I hope he got what was coming to him! Poor lil' Julia, she's so sweet. I'm sure she'll remember his face forever and hunt him down when she figures out how to walk with those cute little leggies! It was so good to see pictures of your family on the 4th too! Looks like they're all doing great! I still want to hang out at your parents house, just for old times sake! Love ya! Nikki