Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hawaii

We made it to Texas and we are settling in just fine. We are enjoying the 70 degree weather! I could really get use to this perfect weather in January!
We had such a fun Christmas at my mom and dad's. Having Julia this Christmas made the entire Holiday Season so much more magical. She was so cute and loved opening all of her presents. She was so spoiled and got so many great gifts. She really loves her shopping cart Aunt Jen gave her. She cruises around pushing it into everything! We have so many pictures from Christmas but unfortunately they are all on my dad's computer so I will have to post them later. 

A couple days after Christmas, we went to Hawaii to ring in the new year.  We had so much fun and of course Julia traveled like a champ. This was her first time in the ocean and she LOVED it. Her first day on the beach, she refused to put her feet in the sand but she eventually got use to it. This vacation wasn't quite the same as our previous trips to Hawaii when I use to lay in the sun, read my book and drink my pina coladas all day long. Having Julia kept us busy but we had fun doing other things like going to the aquarium. We had a blast and we did NOT want to come home. Here are a few pictures of my little beach bum....




 




10 comments:

Robinson's said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I am jealous I am freezing cold! How did Julia do on the plane? I hope all is going well!

Whitnee said...

Oh, the sweet sounds of Hawaii!! Never been, but it sounds delicious right now! I am freezing here! Nothing is ever the same with kids, right? Love the pic of your feet! Hope Texas is treating you well!! Good Luck!

Auger Family said...

Super jealous! I am glad you had fun. Sad that you are gone. You will have to come and visit sooN!

Wendi said...

What? I didn't even know that you went to Hawaii. Where have I been? It looks like you guys had tons of fun; I'm so jealous. I hope all is going well in Texas - we miss you guys already! Give me a call.

Nick and Amera said...

Im so jealouse you went to Hawaii! How fun!! Julia is beautful in all those pictures, she is truely a gem!! Ash I love you! Im going to miss you tonz, but yes, thank goodness for blogging, we can keep in touch! Im glad thigs are goood in TX and I hope they continue to be so! Soak in the good weather for me ok? Your the best ever and I truely will miss you lots. I know we didnt get to hang out a lot but thats ok, we have an eternity to play! your the best and plese do keep in touch! Love you lots and give that little baby girl a kiss and a hug from Me!

The Tews said...

Great pictures! Of course I love the one of Julia and her name in the sand--and the one of her sitting there with her little lei on is so adorable! Wish we could have met up for drinks like last time. I'm glad you guys were able to relax before the move. Now that you are getting settled...Do you think you could get George Bush's autograph for me?

Mama and Papa Blackett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama and Papa Blackett said...

Ashley you are do darn cute! That little precious girl is just darling. I love to see your blog. I am so happy I get to keep in touch with you. Sounds like you are just doing great. I'll bet your family really misses you guys.Love ya sweetie.

Mama Blackett

P.S. The knee is doing alot better. I just need to realize I am way old to do such things.

Johnson Family said...

I looks like you had a great time in Hawaii. I hope you are doing well in your new town. The pictures of Julia on the beach are so cute. Hope to see you soon.

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Those pictures are precious. I too love the picture of your feet, and Julia's name in the sand. She actually has some chub on her now! I'm glad you guys are enjoying Texas. And...I may have lost your address already...wait did you give it to me yet? I'm going crazy...I'll have to call you for it.