Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July! I have to admit I was a little homesick this year. My entire family gathered at my Grandpa's house to celebrate his 80th birthday.  I couldn't stop thinking of how much I wish I was there to help my Grandpa celebrate and to see all of my family.  But we still managed to have a great day! We went to our ward breakfast, went swimming, and of course watched fireworks!!
Julia refusing to look at the camera!



Watching *fireworks* with friends
Brit, Josh and Jr. 

Kody, Jamie and Sadie

Me, Trav and grumpy pants Julia

Julia has been having some rough days lately (the 4th of July included). She just hasn't been her happy little self. I am contributing it to new teeth coming in and not the terrible two's coming early. I just keep quietly telling my self this. The power of positive thinking! Here is a picture of her in the car chewing on her feet.....so, it's just teeth coming in, right????

13 comments:

Whitney said...

Cute 4th of July pics! I also love your new header! I feel for ya on Julia not being her happy self! Rem is a tare when she teething! She never smiles and never sleeps. So I would totally blame it on the teeth. (I do anyway)

Alisa said...

Ciute looks like you guys had a good 4th!! julia is so big i feel like every time i see a new picture she looks older!!!

Meagan said...

I thought that looked like Britt & Josh in the picture, but it didn't click until I read their names! Ha ha. I forget you all live close to each other now!

Julia is so cute. Olivia went through a grumpy stage, too. I think part of it was teething, some growing pains, and also just getting older and voicing her opinion (mostly negative opinions) more often. I started putting her to bed 30 minutes earlier and it actually helped.

Meagan said...

Oh, and I was going to tell you that I bought Olivia her own potty and she acted like she liked it, but she wouldn't sit still. She just sat down and then jumped up and ran away. So, I bought a seat for the big potty and a stool. She can't get off by herself and she actually seems to like it more... probably 'cause it is more like what she sees ME sit on (I miss privacy!). And, I bought her a few potty books. We read them at nap & bedtime. I haven't pushed anything... more like really relaxed PRACTICE! Ha ha.

Jill said...

ha ha foot in the mouth...i would guess teething!! And i dont know if i actually believe that Julia has been a little stinker, shes always the sweetest, most quiet kid!!

Nick and Amera said...

YUMMY TOES!!! I love that picture that is hillarious! Ash....can a woman on this earth get any more beautiful than you? Probably not. I miss you! I cant wait to see you soon! And of course little Lavi is thrilled to meet her auntie Ash! Im so excited!!!! How cute is the top of your blog??? How do I do that to mine? I love it! CAnt wait to see you! Love you lots!! Im sorry your homesick, let me just fly out there and see you :)

Matt and Tiff said...

She is so cute! It looks like you had a fun fourth, even with that little grumpy pants. How are things going out there? I am really going to come and visit, just let me know when!!!

Meagan said...

Hey... email me your address so we can send you an invite to Amanda' wedding!!

meggieloulou at gmail dot com

Audy & Ash said...

So fun!! Looks like at least you and Trav had a good 4th!! We miss you guys!! Julia is so cute grumpy or not she is a doll!! When my kids are teething they totally chew on their feet too...

Jamie said...

we had so much fun with you guys that night! too bad we didn't see better fireworks though. oh well! i am SO happy we have been hanging out more! : )

Kandas said...

Looks like you had a great 4th. I can't wait till you come up here!!

I love the picture of Julia eating her feet. That is so funny!

PS- your hair looks adorable in these pictures. Apparently your bad hair cut has grown out!

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Yes, Ash, it's just teeth. Keizya's doing the same thing. She eats like a monster for one day or one meal and the next she's anti-food...she sleeps like a log for 12 hours or more at night and she has some very grumpy fussy times....teeth I tell ya, they're killers. I say the same thing, it's just the teeth. I'm glad you got to be with some friends on the 4th! Miss ya lots! I Hope everything is going well for you guys over there!

mama blizzard said...

We missed you too! I'm glad you had a good day though!