Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back to Blogging!

It has been a long time since I have posted anything but I have made a commitment to keep up on our blog again. We had a good summer and decided to take a break from a lot of things and focus on our family. After having such a stressful year Travis and I are focusing on our marriage and all the things that make us happy. Of course number one on our list is Julia!
We have had some changes here at the Miller household over the past few months. The first being that we rescued a new dog. We named him Baxter and he and Kelso have become the best of friends. He fits in perfectly with our family and is just as sweet as can be. I will never have just one dog again after seeing what good companions they are to each other. Baxter also passes the important Julia test by letting her dress him up in all her princess dresses.

Another big change for us has been Julia starting preschool. She is absolutely in love with school and is constantly asking when she gets go back. I can't believe how big she is getting! Although the peace and quite is nice for an hour or so, I often find myself looking at the clock and counting down to when I can go get her. She is my little buddy and I miss her when she's gone.

We got to also visit Isaac's grave for the first time since the headstone was placed. It turned out perfect. Julia picked out a teddy bear for his grave and after spending time there and talking about Isaac she placed the teddy bear on his grave. While walking back to the car she started to cry. I thought she was having a little tender moment and thought it was so sweet but when I asked her what was wrong in true 3 year old fashion she answered, "I'm really going to miss that teddy bear." Once again she made me smile when I needed it the most.

I hope to post a few pictures here and there from our summer while I keep updating about what is currently going on with our family. But for now all I can say is overall we are happy, healthy and looking forward to the future!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the headstone...it is perfect! The new dog is so cute...it makes me want a 2nd one! I miss you guys! xoxo.

Cristi Benedict said...

Yay! Glad you're back. Can I just say how beautiful your hair is. I LOVE it long like you have it. Your whole family looks good!

J and Stac said...

Yay for the update! Hmmm I think you have inspired me to possibly update mine. Glad that you guys are doing well, I can't believe how BIG Julia is getting! And of course I loved hearing about your new addition...AKA Kelso's new best friend! Love you Ash!