Sunday, October 26, 2008

5 Years




On October 16th Travis and I celebrated our 5th anniversary! I can't believe we have been married 5 years but it is hard to remember when I didn't have Travis in my life. Looking back I can't believe how young we were when we got married but I feel so lucky to have found my soul mate so early on in life. We have had an amazing 5 years together! Travis is my everything and is such an amazing husband and father. I feel so lucky to be married to him. 
Travis had the day off so we decided to spend the day down town. We ended up walking around temple square. The day was so beautiful just like it was the day we got married. 

We had plans to have a nice dinner later that night but Julia suddenly came down with an awful fever. We just couldn't leave so we ended up watching movies and ordering in. Sometimes I think that is better than going out anyways. 

Julia was getting her top teeth so I figured that was causing the fever. To make a long story short.... after 4 days of an extremely high fever and two doctor visits that entailed a number of tests, she was diagnosed with roseola. I knew nothing about roseola so to all you mothers, I suggest clicking on the link and reading about it so you don't panic if your baby gets these symptoms. It scared me to death. A lot of times it causes such high fevers (Julia's was 104 on Tylenol) that babies have seizures. Thank goodness Julia didn't because I think I would have lost it. It was still pretty scary to see her so sick and not know what was wrong.  But I am happy to report that she has fully recovered and is back to her smily self!

5 comments:

Kandas said...

Congrats on the 5 years!! That is so fun. I can't believe it has been that long.
That is so scary about Julia but I am so glad to hear that she is feeling better now. I would have been a stress case too!

GoldenFamily said...

I can't believe its been five years that seems so long. Very cute pics love the one of all three of you.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh! scary...i am glad she's ok now.

congrats on the 5 years...our's is coming up next month!

Nick and Amera said...

5 years!! Congrats! I have to agree with you, that staying in and ordering in is sometimes so much more fun! Im glad you guys had a wonderful day but how sad about little Julia! A sick baby is always scary and its always so sad to see your baby get sick! Im so sorry!!! Im glad nothing worse happend to Julia, I too would have been scared of all those symptoms! Lets play soon! IM glad to see all is going well for you guys! love ya!

Wendi said...

Are you kidding me, has it really been five years. We're getting old and it freaks me out! Congratulations though, from the moment you spotted your beanie-wearing, mystery man I always knew you guys were meant for each other.

Your anniversary and pictures of Temple Square are bringing back terrible memories of me rolling down the temple steps. Thank goodness I somehow landed on my feet. I still have nightmares about landing in a mangled mess with my dress all the way up over my head!

I'm so glad to hear Julia is doing better, that is really scary.