Friday, October 10, 2008

Surgery


Travis loves football and for the past few years he has been playing in a flag football league with a bunch of his friends.  I think they love to try and relive their glory days, because they take it pretty serious! Last year Travis hurt his foot pretty bad and was on the verge of having to have surgery. He ended up in a big ugly boot for a few weeks.
So this year, I wasn't surprised to hear that Travis had gotten hurt. He called and said he thought he had jammed his finger really bad and it wasn't a big deal. I didn't think much of it until he came home and his finger was bending completely in the wrong direction. I told him I was pretty sure bones don't just bend like that!! Well, one surgery later, complete with pins sticking out of his hand, I was right. I think Uncle Rico has reached the last of his football days! He keeps saying,  "At least I went out on such an amazing play!"  I keep telling him I hope it was worth the cost of all his medical bills.

14 comments:

Audy & Ash said...

I am glad you went ahead and got the surgery done man....Sorry I suck and QB and threw a duck to you...If you need anything let us know

Ashley Wilson said...

OMG, that is crazy! The way you wrote about it it made me laugh and then I realized it probably isn't that funny cuz your poor hubby has got to be in some pain! I hope he gets feeling better soon! Gosh, boys and there crazy games

Nick and Amera said...

Men. They think they need to always live on the edge! Sorry to hear the sad news but we hope things heal quickly and well. Tell Uncle Rico that next time he wants to throw a football over that mountain, he should make sure he can really do it! Not doubting his abilities or nothing.......Goodluck with the healing process!! Ash, lets play again! I miss little julia!

MJ said...

Um, yeah--I totally know how this goes! Jonny seems to think he's invincible on the flag football field, but he has permanently damaged his finger from last season, and I think his hamstrings have been sore for two weeks now...crazy boys. I'm glad there are other wives who cringe when their hubbies attempt to relive the glory days. :)

And, Julia is so adorable AND so smart! I bet it just melts your heart that she says mama and knows she is calling for you. Aaron will say mama, but doesn't associate it with me yet--hopefully soon! It's a pretty tricky language skill for kiddos to link the meaning with the babbling. What a cutie!

Kandas said...

Oh no!!! I have to kind of laugh though, even though I am sure that one little play wasn't cheap!

Matt and Tiff said...

Poor Travis! That is so sad for him! How fun that you sweet little girl is saying momma, I bet it is so fun to her. I am very glad that you are enjoying the diet coke and fiber one bars, it is my "little peice of heaven" everyday. I guess you know I am deprived of the sweets, when that is heaven!

J and Stac said...

Ashley this is Mama Blackett. Your little girl is just a doll. Sorry about your hubbys finger. I would love to see your little one in person one of these times when I come down. And I would love to see you. You are and will always be so special to us. Take care cutie.
Mama Blackett

I hope someday I can be a GRANDMA!!!! Before I walk with a walker or I'm in a wheel chair.

Cristi Benedict said...

Don't you just love our husband's passion for football! :) I can wait to have a son for Zach to teach! Tell Trav we said he hopes he heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

poor travis! hope your feeling better...you know...i still haven't seen your baby!

Cody and Nikell said...

Poor Trav! Cody plays flag football too. I'm glad it was an amazing play! I'm just waiting for someone to get hurt on his team.

Julia is getting so big! We miss you guys always! I need to call you!

Matt and Tiff said...

Ash, I messed up on the club date! I am so sorry. Check the club blog for more info.

Whitney said...

Oh man sorry trav, or should I say Ashley:)

Jace and Ash said...

Hey Ash,
I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's finger,thats to bad. Hey I would like to try and make it to club this month, how do I find out about it. I would really like to see everyone. I hope things are good. Take care and Chat with you later

Josh and Brittany Redd said...

Ashley- That would be so fun. We really like it in Texas. Everyone is very nice. We have been in two different wards here and both of them have been awesome. A lot of people that are here are here for jobs or school so they are all in the same situation so everyone is very nice, and friendly. We live in Lewisville, which is not to far away from Dallas and it is a nice area. Keep me updated on that. Who is he looking at working for? We would for sure have to have play dates! I would love it!!