Friday, October 24, 2008

Gardener Village




My mom, Jen and I took the kids on our annual trip to Gardener Village to see the witches. The day we went just so happened to be the coldest day of the year. It was freezing but we still had a lot of fun. Julia couldn't take her eyes off the witches!  She was so bundled up she wouldn't move. She was like the kid on the Christmas Story.  Tanner liked the witches but was sure to keep a safe distance from them. 

My family also had their annual pumpkin carving contest/Halloween party. This year the entire extended family came and participated. It always gets so competitive but we had so much fun. Travis usually wins but with his gimpy hand, he was out of the game. Jen and Glen took 1st and 2nd and Eric took 3rd. I didn't place this year but let me just say I am already planning my approach for next year!

3 comments:

GoldenFamily said...

Please the Goldens are winners always have been always will be.

Wendi said...

Impressive!

The Tews said...

Julia's little face is so adorable in that first picture! I'm sure Travis was bummed about not being able to participate in the pumpkin carving--I'm surprised your mom didn't just give hime first place anyway! What design did you carve?